DownBlocked.com answers a straightforward question - Is a website down just for you or for everyone else. We test the website by trying to connect to the server and see if it is responding. We also get all the DNS A records (IP addresses) of the domain name and check all of them.
A website may be down because of several reasons:
- The website is performing maintenamce. In this case, just wait for an hour and check it again.
- The domain name has been blocked by your firewall. This firewall could be running on your computer (like ZoneAlarm, or Windows firewall) or it could be blocked by your ISP (Internet Service Provider). If the latter, you cannot do much. If the former, check your firewall and see if the website is blocked.
- The domain name's DNS has not been setup correctly, or its name servers are not working properly. In this case, we recommend you contact the admin contact of the domain name and let him know that the website is down. You may also check the DNS configuration at SolveDNS.
- Another possibility is that the website has changed servers and the DNS settings have not propagated completely. In this case, just wait for an hour and check the domain name again.
- It is also possible that your internet connection is down.
- Another reason could be that the DNS of the website has recently changed and your computer has the wrong cached DNS entries. In that case, on a windows machine, use "ipconfig /flushdns" on the command prompt.
- If nothing works, contact your internet service provider support and see if they can help.